the world would be a more just and beautiful place if there was more art, and less shame.
everyone has a deeply rooted capacity for creativity.
when we transform our relationship to shame, we transform our relationship to ourselves and each other.
Art is life.
We believe that collaborative art‐making and storytelling in a supportive community will amplify and promote enduring experiences of:
1. Voice (creative self-expression, confidence, self-compassion)
2. Creativity (innovation, problem-solving, skill-building)
3. Connection (community, shared vulnerability and resilience)
When shame shows up, people don’t. Shame leads to:
1. Silence (shame shuts down voice)
2. Disengagement (shame cuts us off from our creativity)
3. Isolation (shame causes us to question our value in relationship with others)
Our deep purpose.
Artful expression: To cultivate creative expression as a means of speaking back to shame narratives
Connection : To build community through art-making and creative practice
Well-being : To nurture individual and community well-being through experiences of transformative inclusion.
Systemic Social Justice : To challenge systemic sources of shame as barriers to learning, self-acceptance, and community building