Advocacy & Awareness
We are invested in sustained conversation and systemic change
In addition to offering local programming, Art Not Shame will be an online hub and resource centre committed to contributing to a larger conversation about shame, vulnerability, and mental health as well as advocating for the value of art in creating spaces of acceptance, community, and transformation.
To further its awareness-raising mandate, Art Not Shame will:
1. Issue creative and fun "calls to artistic action"
2. Feature guest artists, educators, and researchers
3. Create a series of "Art Not Shame" films / exhibits
4. Creatively reclaim sites of shame as art
5. Advocate for systemic change
6. Promote the work of artists
7. Raise money to create bridge funding for those facing long wait times to obtain mental health support