Advocacy & Awareness
We are invested in sustained conversation and systemic change
In addition to offering local programming, Art Not Shame is committed to contributing to a larger conversation about shame, vulnerability, and mental well-being as well as advocating for the value of art in creating spaces of acceptance, community, and transformation.
To further its awareness-raising mandate, Art Not Shame will:
1. Issue creative and fun "calls to artistic action"
2. Feature guest artists, educators, and researchers through our social channels
3. Create a series of "Art Not Shame" films / exhibits
4. Creatively reclaim sites of shame as art
5. Advocate for systemic change
6. Promote the work of artists working in this field, and of the artist-participants who attend our workshops